Sports Gear for Little Fans and Families - SportsKids.com

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Fantasy Football is Upon Us

Hello all. This is an exciting time of year for all of us fantasy geeks. Yahoo has opened up the flood gates. It's time to light up the mock draft boards. Time to match wits against all the other draft junkies. Time to talk trash, steal picks and take names.


I have already done several mocks this season. Spent time looking at early depth charts. Even tried my hand at poking some fun at Roger Rotter on Foxsports.com. He evidently didn't appreciate me poking fun at his list of WR's because he deleted my well thought out post in which I laid out my argument for Andre Johnson being the top wide out this year over Larry Fitzgerald. Roger, I'm calling you out son!!!


I'm going to examine multiple draft angles leading up to the big day. We'll discuss PPR leagues, Flex leagues, 2 QB leagues and touchdown only leagues...etc. I'll answer any questions you may have and hopefully help make your draft day a success. Heck, I'll even throw in my recipe for draft day buffalo chicken wings and my personal choice of beverages.


First things first, here is my first mock draft results. This is from a 10 man draft, Auction Style. If you haven't drafted auction style yet. I highly recommend it. It will give you a chance to get multiple top level picks versus having to wait around in a serpentine (aka the snake) draft. Beware, you only have $200 to build your team. Yahoo Mock Draft works the best in my opinion and it's free!!!


1. DeAngelo Williams (Car - RB) $38
2. Reggie Wayne (Ind - WR) $19
3. Peyton Manning (Ind - QB) $22
4. Roddy White (Atl - WR) $22
5. Brandon Marshall (Mia - WR) $26
6. New York (NYJ - DEF) $2
7. Jermichael Finley (GB - TE) $14
8. Visanthe Shiancoe (Min - TE) $4
9. Mike Wallace (Pit - WR) $4
10. Felix Jones (Dal - RB) $1
11. LeSean McCoy (Phi - RB) $9
12. Eli Manning (NYG - QB) $4
13. Dez Bryant (Dal - WR) $4
14. Santonio Holmes (NYJ - WR) $1
15. Josh Scobee (Jac - K) $1


P.S. I hated drafting a kicker. It goes against my morals.

No comments:

Post a Comment